Quick Spinach and Cheese Scrolls
These snacky scrolls taste so good kids will forget there is spinach in them! Super easy to make with frozen puff pastry.
17 people made this
Makes: 16 scrolls
1 sheet frozen puff pastry
1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed and drained well
1 cup your favourite grated cheese
1/2 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper, to taste
- Remove the puff pastry from the freezer and let thaw on the counter about 30 minutes. While it thaws preheat oven to 200 degrees C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Finely dice the fresh spinach and place in a mixing bowl. Add grated cheese, 1 egg, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Make an egg wash by beating the other egg with 1 tablespoon water (this is an optional step).
- Unfold the puff pastry and lay the spinach mix on it to cover it thinly and evenly. You may have spinach mix left over. Roll up the puff pastry like a Swiss roll.
- With a very sharp knife, cut the roll into disks about 2cm thick. Lay on the baking tray. Brush with the egg wash (this is optional, but makes them brown nicely).
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Because ovens vary, you might want to start peeking at them after 15 minutes.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (1)
Beautiful made a tasty lunch.
01 Oct 2015
User's IP: 22.214.171.124