1 / 1
1 person made this
The secret of a true bolognese sauce is long slow simmering, but even though it takes a while it is not labour intensive.
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
1 celery stalk, finely diced
1 carrot, finely diced
100g pancetta, diced
250g pork mince
250g beef mince
1 glass red wine
30g tomato paste
1 cup beef stock
1 cup whole milk (or light cream)
salt and pepper, to taste
grated Parmesan, for garnishing
- In a saucepan, heat the butter with the olive oil. Add the diced vegetables and pancetta and simmer 15 minutes, stirring.
- Add the pork and beef mince and stir until it breaks up. Add red wine and simmer, covered, on very low 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and beef stock and cook on very low 3 more hours.
- Add the milk or cream and simmer 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the tagliatelle until al dente, drain and serve with the sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate