1 / 1
9 people made this
The classic apricot chicken recipe, super simple to make using tinned apricots and soup mix. Serve with rice.
1 tin apricot halves in syrup
2 packets French onion soup mix
60ml white wine
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets, cubed
plain flour, for dusting
salt and pepper, to taste
vegetable oil, as needed
2 onions, sliced
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
splash orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Drain the apricots and blend in a food processor or blender until smooth. Combine the apricots with the onion soup mix and wine in a bowl.
- Toss the chicken cubes with a little flour and salt and pepper until coated.
- Heat a casserole dish and add a little oil. Gently fry the onions until transparent then add the chicken. Cook over low heat until chicken has coloured slightly.
- Pour in the apricot mixture then add the soy sauce and a splash of orange juice. Add the water and stir well.
- Cover the casserole dish and bake in the preheated oven 1 hour, checking a couple of times to see if you need to add more water to the sauce.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate