1 person made this
This kugel recipe combines apples, raisins and rum with egg noodles and beaten egg whites. Very lovely and quite delicate.
220g egg noodles
4 eggs, separated
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup rum
3 apples, peeled, cored and diced
4 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Grease a 6-cup baking dish.
- Cook the egg noodles in boiling salted water until al dente and drain.
- With an electric beater, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar, salt, vanilla, raisins, rum, apples and melted butter. Gently fold in the noodles then the egg whiles.
- Place the mixture into the baking dish and bake 50 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate