1 person made this
Your classic chicken parmigiana, made at home instead of the pub! Serve with chips and salad for a real deal meal.
1 (400g) tin crushed tomatoes
100g tomato paste
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup plain flour
salt and pepper, to taste
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup mozzarella, grated
2 teaspoon grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C and lightly grease a roasting tin.
- In a saucepan, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano and garlic powder. Bring to a simmer and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine flour, salt and pepper. Beat egg in a separate bowl and place breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Evenly coat the chicken with flour, then dip in the eggs then breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a frypan and brown the chicken 3 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to the roasting tin.
- Top chicken evenly with the tomato sauce (you may have sauce left over) and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover tin with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes, then uncover and bake 10 more minutes until cooked through and cheese is bubbly.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate