1 person made this
Delish cakes with a whole Malteser inside and choccy icing with more crushed Maltesers. I buy a big box, use what I need and eat the rest, of course.
Makes: 24 cupcakes
200g butter, softened
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 3/4 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup sour cream
Maltesers(TM), as needed
3 cups icing sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350 F). Fill two 12 hole muffin tins with patty pans.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Fold in flour and sour cream in two batches until well combined. Evenly fill the patty pans.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. They should be just nicely brown.
- Cool in tins for 5 minutes then put on cooling rack to cool completely.
- Poke one Malteser into each cake. Ice with butter icing and sprinkle with crushed Maltesers.
- Beat butter in electric mixer till pale and fluffy.
- Mix the cocoa and icing sugar together. Add 1/2 the icing sugar mix to butter and beat on low until combined.
- Add milk and rest of icing sugar and beat until combined. Pipe or spread icing on to cupcakes.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate