2 people made this
This is a recipe for making the actual macaron biscuit, not the filling. It always works for me. Feel free to use any filling you like.
Makes: 70 macarons
200g finely ground almonds
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
180g white sugar
5 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the ground almonds and icing sugar in a bowl.
- Combine the water and white sugar in a saucepan and heat until the sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.
- In a stand mixer, beat 1/2 the egg whites to soft peaks. Carefully pour in the sugar syrup down the side of the mixing bowl and beat 10 minutes.
- Beat the remaining egg whites into the almond-sugar mixture. It should be thick.
- Add one third of the meringue to the almond paste and beat to lighten it. Fold in the remaining meringue.
- Pipe the mixture onto the baking paper into 4cm circles. Bake 10 minutes or until just firm. Let cool before filling.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate