5 people made this
This is a basic scone recipe I make sweet and delicious with the addition of a handful of sultanas. Great with morning tea.
Makes: 12 scones
2 cups self raising flour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly whisked
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sultanas
- Preheat an oven to 230 degrees C.
- Rub the butter with your finger tips into the flour, sugar and salt to form a breadcrumb type texture.
- Add the egg and enough milk into the flour to form a light dough then combine in the sultanas.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead slightly. Cut out round scones.
- Place on a floured tray and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate