6 people made this
This is a simple plain scone recipe that I have used for years. Once cooked serve warm with butter, jam and cream.
Makes: 12 scones
2 cups self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat an oven to 230 degrees C.
- Rub the butter with your finger tips into the flour and salt to form a breadcrumb type texture.
- Add enough milk into the flour to form a light dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and kneed slightly. Cut out round scones.
- Place on a floured tray and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate