Fornetto has the best pizza dough recipes. If you love making homemade pizza, do visit http://www.fornetto.com and watch pizza dough recipes. We're sure you'll notice the difference between that and shop-bought pizza dough.
Combine yeast, sugar and 2 tablespoons of warm water and set aside in a warm place for approximately 15 minutes.
Place flour and salt in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Add remainder of water to yeast and whisk through.
Add yeast mixture to flour mix and combine thoroughly to form a rough ball. Add small quantity of flour if your mixture is too wet. Turn out onto a lightly-floured board and knead for 5-10 minutes until smooth. Place tablespoon of olive oil in a clean bowl, coat dough all over and cover with clean tea towel then put aside for 1-2 hours allowing the dough to double in size.
Place dough back onto floured board and knead a few times. For thin base pizzas divide your dough into 4 parts. Shape each 1/4 into a round ball. Take one ball of dough; keep others covered so they don’t dry out. Use a small amount of flour to dust the rolling surface and the rolling pin, to prevent dough sticking. Roll out to required size, about 30cm. Place on pizza stone or tray and add your favourite toppings – remember not to overdo it.
• Margarita – spicy homemade tomato relish and shredded fresh mozzarella or bocconcini, fresh basil leaves to garnish
• Mushroom pizza – sliced sautéed mushrooms and basil leaves – served with crème fraiche
• Pancetta – rashers of pancetta, sautéed onions, shredded mozzarella
• Pescatoro – fresh salmon chunks, prawns, baby mussels or clams, scallops and calamari
• Salty pizza – black olive tapenade, salt flakes and chopped rosemary. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with extra rosemary
• Tandoori – tandoori paste, tandoori chicken (cooked) fresh chopped tomatoes and mint yoghurt
Sprinkling (uncooked) polenta meal onto your pizza spatula or stone will prevent it from sticking when you place on the pizza stone and also gives a delicious crispier texture to the base.