1 person made this
A saucy Chinese vegetable recipe for the whole family.
1 kg chicken thighs/breasts, diced
3 stalks of celery, sliced
1/2 green cabbage, shredded
1 onion, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
2 tablespoons oil
1 chicken stock cube
1 cup hot water
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornflour
4 tablespoons hot water
2 tablespoons bean sprouts, roughly chopped (optional)
- Wash all vegetables. Heat oil in frypan and brown chicken. Remove chicken once browned and then sauté the onion, celery, cabbage and carrot in oil for 5 minutes.
- Crumble stock cube over the 1 cup of hot water in a small bowl. Combine and then add soy soy and mix. In a separate small bowl, blend the cornflour with the 4 tablespoons of hot water.
- After vegetables have sautéed for 5 minutes, add the browned chicken and cook through. Add chicken stock and soy mix and stir. Add cornflour mix and stir.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes and then add bean sprouts and heat through.
- Serve on a plate with rice (optional).
Write a review
Click on stars to rate