Airfryer Chocolate Cake
- 50g soft butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 50g flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon mixed berry jam
- 50g dark chocolate, in pieces
- 1 tablespoon zested orange peel
Preparation:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat the airfryer to 160 degrees C. Butter a small cake tin, about 400ml volume.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a mixer for approximately 5 minutes until light and creamy. Add the egg and beat into the butter. Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the jam, chocolate pieces and orange zest then mix well. Transfer the batter to the cake tin and use a spatula to smooth the surface.
- Put the cake tin in the fryer basket and slide the basket into the airfryer. Set the timer to 25 minutes and bake the cake until it is nicely browned. The cake is done if a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out dry.
Learn more on Airfryers
The Philips Airfryer range offers a healthy and easy way to cook for yourself, your family and friends with some recipes requiring up to 80% less oil! But it doesn’t just fry, it also roasts, bakes and grills. For more information on Airfryers head to the Philips Airfryer Webpage .
I couldn't find a loaf tin small enough so ended up getting a ring tin. I didn't reduce the cook time using a different tin but will next time; I think 15 minutes would be more than enough. Loved the flavour. - 11 Dec 2013