Best Ever Banana Bread!!
Makes: 1 loaf
- 2 bananas - preferably very ripe, mashed
- 2 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar - (I use raw)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self raising flour (sifted)
- pinch of salt
Preparation:10min › Cook:35min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C, 160 C fan forced.
- Grease and line the base of a loaf tin.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash bananas and add golden syrup. Add sugar and stir in. Add egg, sifted flour and salt and only lightly mix until ingredients are combined.
- Pour into loaf pan and cook for 30-35 minutes or until skewer goes in and comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes and place onto a plate or a wiring rack.
- Serve warm and enjoy!!
You wouldn't think this would work but it does and it's so easy. Amazing. As you suggested, I did throw a rather substantial hand full of chocolate chips - yummm!! - 30 Sep 2013
I made this today thinking I may need my cake mixer but once I started I just used a mixing bowl and needless to say I put the cake mixer back. It was so very easy it was amazing. The taste was delicious and I certainly will be keeping this recipe on my ipad. I just loved the idea of not using any butter so it was virtually quite healthy. Thank you for posting Courtney_s. - 19 Aug 2013