1 person made this
This is a great and easy recipe to make Amaretti.
1 kg caster sugar
7 or 8 eggs
1 kg almond meal
a few drops of vanilla essence
a few drops of almond essence
slivered almonds or glazed cherries
- Mix caster sugar with eggs until combined.
- Slowly add almond meal to the mixture until you can roll it into a ball.
- Roll them into balls. At this stage I like to add slivered almonds but you can put glazed cherries on top. Spread the balls onto a baking tray about 10cm apart.
- Bake in a very hot oven for approx 5 minutes or until lightly coloured.
- Put the amaretti on a wire rack and sprinkle with icing sugar.
For a more interesting taste you can add lemon essence.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate