1 / 1 Picture by:
- 1 cup (250ml) warm milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 4 1/2 cups (680g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (40g) polenta
- 40g butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g warm milk, extra
Preparation:20min › Cook:40min › Extra time:2hours rising › Ready in:3hours
- In a small bowl, mix milk, sugar and yeast. Allow to sit in a warm place until mixture becomes frothy.
- Sift together flour and salt then add polenta, butter, garlic, oil and the frothy yeast mixture. If needed, add enough of the extra milk to form a soft dough.
- Knead dough on a floured bench until elastic then place in a lightly oiled bowl. Set in a warm place and let it double in size, about 1 1/2 hours. Punch dough down then knead again, until smooth. Shape into a loaf shape and set on a greased baking tray. Cut a few slits in the top then cover with a tea-towel and allow to rise an additional 20 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees C for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 and continue to bake for 30 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!