- 1kg pork shoulder
- 1 dessertspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
Preparation:20min › Cook:8hours › Ready in:8hours20min
- Rub the pork shoulder with some sea salt. Then rub on the liquid smoke. Put it in your slow cooker on low and set for 8 hours. (Don't add water or anything).
- When done, pull the pork apart using two forks. Stir in the cabbage and serve. (The cabbage wilts when mixed with the hot pork.)
- Serve with white rice.
Liquid smoke is a seasoning that adds a smoky flavour to cooked meats. You can can find it many places in AU and NZ.
Cut of Pork
You can use a pork butt, shoulder or any fatty cut of meat. Pork fillet it too lean, you will end up with pork that is too dry.