Lime and Chilli Tomato Salad
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 dried red chilli
- handful chopped coriander leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation:15min › Cook:1min › Ready in:16min
- Arrange tomato slices on a serving platter and sprinkle with lime juice.
- Warm oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add cumin, fennel and chilli and heat for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Remove from heat, discard chilli and allow to cool.
- Spoon seasoned oil over tomatoes, sprinkle with coriander, season with salt and pepper and serve.
This is an excellent recipe. Indians make a similar chutney in which they use the same spices and some sugar & then cook the tomatoes till they are very soft but this tasted really different & good. Thanks for the recipe. - 08 Oct 2008
Thsi was a nice twist but it didnt "wow" me. I really liked the lime though. I laid it on a bed of parsley & garnished w/ minced onions. Was a nice side to Burritos...thanks! - 08 Oct 2008