Capsicum and Tomato Pasta Salad
- 12 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and chopped
- 20 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 500g pasta of your choice
Preparation:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- In a large bowl stir together the tomatoes, garlic, red pepper and basil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and let stand for at least one hour at room temperature to meld the flavours.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain, and toss with sauce.
It was great, my daughter-in-law loved it, cooked it for my son too. I added black olives and served with garlic bread. - 29 Sep 2008
Very good and light!! - 29 Sep 2008
This was very good, fresh tasting, and a good use for all of the Roma tomatoes from my garden last summer. I plan to make it again this summer! - 29 Sep 2008