- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup kosher beef mince
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/2 small potato, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- olive oil, for brushing
Preparation:40min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hour25min
- Combine flour, oil, water and salt. Stir to form a dough then kneed very well. Cover with oiled cling wrap then chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine mince, carrot, peas, potato, garlic, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Remove dough from the fridge and kneed again. Roll out very flat, cut into 7cm circles then fill with a tablespoon of the mince mixture. Fold up all sides to seal at the top of the knish.
- Brush the tops with olive oil then bake in the preheated oven until cooked though and golden brown, about 45 minutes.
Really loved these. I did double the recipe so I would have some leftovers but did all as written otherwise. So tasty, easy if a little time consuming. I used a 10cm cutter, found the 7cm a little small but that depends entirely on what size you want them. - 24 Nov 2012