Oven Baked Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup (125g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons distilled cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
Preparation:30min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour30min
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornflour, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 23x33cm baking dish and brush with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
- Bake for 30 minutes, brushing with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking. Turn chicken over, brush with sauce, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Used different ingredients. Absolutely wonderful! The recipe didn't mention it, but I decided to cover the tin with foil to help keep the chicken tender. And I used light soy sauce too. I think I may decided to line the tin with foil too the next time I make it--otherwise, you have a sticky, black mess. Delicious flavour, and the chicken was so tender. Will definitely make again. - 18 Jul 2008
Used different ingredients. Delicious! I substituted 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts. It turned out GREAT! - 18 Jul 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. Fantastic!!! This has become a favourite in my house. The only changes I make is using boneless skinless chicken breasts and I do cut the soy sauce down a bit and I substitute some of the caster sugar for brown sugar to cut down on the saltiness because my husband thought it was a bit too salty. Also,do cut the temp down on this. Continually baste to get that yummy glaze. Terrific recipe!!! Definately 5*'s!!! - 18 Jul 2008