4 people made this
A mimosa is a layered salad based on grated egg yolks - this version combines them with salmon. Watch this recipe being made in the Allrecipes Mimosa Salad Video.
2 small carrots
250g tinned salmon
- Boil the potatoes and carrots until soft but not mushy, and hard boil the eggs. Separate the egg whites and yolks.
- Finely chop the 1/2 onion, place in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Place a plate on top and leave to soak for 5 minutes. This removes some of the bitterness of the onion.
- Remove any bones from the tinned salmon and mash with a fork. On a serving plate, spread an even layer of salmon.
- Sprinkle the drained onion in an even layer over the salmon, then top this layer with a layer of finely grated egg whites. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise over the egg whites.
- Grate the carrot over the top as the next layer, then spread another layer of mayonnaise.
- Top this layer with a layer of coarsely grated potato, then a final thin layer of mayonnaise. Finish with a layer of finely crumbled egg yolks. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
Watch a video of it being made…
Not often seen, but damn it's good!
- 01 Dec 2016
Write a review
Click on stars to rate