Microwave Chocolate Rice Pudding
2 people made this
We usually have the non-chocolate version of this. The other night we wanted something a bit different and this was created. It tastes better than it looks - enjoy:-)
1/2 c sugar
1/4 t salt
2 - 3 T cornflour
3 - 4 T cocoa, sifted
2 1/2 c milk
1 t vanilla paste
2 c cooked rice
- In a large microwave safe container; combine; sugar, salt cornflour, cocoa.
- Add the milk gradually until combined.
- My microwave is a 750 watt so you will have to judge your own cooking time. Heat the mixture on high for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Beat the egg with the vanilla paste until frothy.
- Add a 1/4 c of the milk mixture to the egg, beating all the time. Keep adding a 1/4 c at a time until you have a cup. Pour it back into the milk mixture continuing the beating.
- Microwave on high for 2 more minutes and it's done. If you'd like a little more richness add a nob of butter and stir until melted and glossy.
- Add the custard to the cooked rice. Serve it hot or cold.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate