1 / 1 Picture by: emh9
Serves : 4
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 - 3 T cornflour
- 3 - 4 T cocoa, sifted
- 2 1/2 c milk
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla paste
- 2 c cooked rice
Preparation:10min › Cook:12min › Ready in:22min
- In a large microwave safe container; combine; sugar, salt cornflour, cocoa.
- Add the milk gradually until combined.
- My microwave is a 750 watt so you will have to judge your own cooking time. Heat the mixture on high for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Beat the egg with the vanilla paste until frothy.
- Add a 1/4 c of the milk mixture to the egg, beating all the time. Keep adding a 1/4 c at a time until you have a cup. Pour it back into the milk mixture continuing the beating.
- Microwave on high for 2 more minutes and it's done. If you'd like a little more richness add a nob of butter and stir until melted and glossy.
- Add the custard to the cooked rice. Serve it hot or cold.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!