Prawn Linguine with Artichoke Hearts
Serves : 4
- 500g linguine
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 400g artichoke hearts, drained
- 100ml white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- handful chopped fresh parsley
Preparation:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions; drain and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil for about 5 minutes. Add prawns to frypan and cook for about 3 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts, wine, lemon juice, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer covered for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Toss with linguine and parsley. Serve immediately.
Altered ingredient amounts. This was a big hit. I did use previous recommendations to double the lemon juice and zest which it definitely needed. I also did not use the onion but doubled the garlic. I will definitely make this again! - 21 Jul 2008
Something else. I liked the concept of this recipe, however, I needed more flavour. I added chopped red pepper for colour to the onions and 4 cloves of garlic. I mixed twice as much lemon zest with twice as much lemon juice and 100ml chicken stock along with a T of dijon mustard. I added the wine and broth to this mixture. I mixed 1 Tablespoon of cornflour in the mixture at the end. I added the pasta after that. It was very good. - 21 Jul 2008
This was very good. I think that next time I cook it I will add some cornflour and make the sauce a bit thicker. Also, I used the amount of linguine suggested, and it was way too much. - 21 Jul 2008