1 / 1 Picture by: emh9
- 2 cups(c) flour
- 1 tablespoon(T) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(t) salt
- 1 T margarine
- 1 finely diced onion
- 1 c milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 125grams(g) cream cheese
- 212.5g or 1/2 425g can Tuna in spring water, well drained
Preparation:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Fry the diced onion in the margarine until partially caramelised. Then add to the dry ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Place the cream cheese in a jug breaking it up with a potato masher to create uniform small chunks. Add the milk and beaten egg and combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to just combine - do not over mix otherwise they get rubbery.
- Bake in a preheated oven (200°C) for 15 minutes: Texas muffins or 10 minutes: medium muffins.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!