Curried Chicken with Cream Sauce
This was my first time making a curry many years ago and you can make it as mild or as hot as you want but it is different as it has apples in it.
Be the first to make this!
2 packets of chicken breasts
1 tablespoon plain flour
salt and pepper to season
3 tablespoons of low salt butter
1 tablespoon of light virgin oil
3 garlic cloves (or 1 teaspoon of Masterfoods crushed garlic)
4 medium onions
1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
4 teaspoons curry powder (or less for mild or more for hot - your choice)
2 green apples
1 cup thickened cream
- Slice chicken pieces or cut into chunks (all depends on how you want it). Place the tablespoon of plain flour into a freezer bag and put the sliced chicken in with it and toss til well coated.
- In a large pan, heat butter and oil and garlic. Brown chicken in the garlic butter.
- Remove from the pan.
- Add the curry and herbs and fry lightly.
- Add onions and apples and stir so that the curry and herbs are well mixed in.
- Return the chicken to the pan and cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add water if it is too dry.
- Add cream, stir through until heated.
- Serve with boiled rice.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 22.214.171.124