Easy Strawberry Tart
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 4 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 kg sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (23cm) pre-made or bought sweet tart shell
Preparation:20min › Cook:6min › Ready in:26min
- Mix together the sugar, water, jam and cornflour in a medium large saucepan. Stir until mixture boils. Cook for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the sliced strawberries until well coated. Pour into the prepared pie shell.
- Chill until well set. Serve topped with whipped cream.
Loved it, went down very well everyone wanted seconds. I couldn't find a pre-made shell, so just bought a packet of sweet short pastry. rolled out, baked for a little bit, cooled then did the rest. So easy to make, will def make again during the summer while strawberries are cheap as. Served with light cream. - 16 Dec 2012
Loved it, tasted great with vanilla custard. - 07 Oct 2010
Good but a little too sweet. Next time I will try reducing sugar to just 75g. - 21 Jul 2008