Garlic Honey Chicken Wings
- 1 cup honey
- 4 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.25 kg chicken wings
Preparation:10min › Cook:1hour25min › Extra time:8hours marinating › Ready in:9hours35min
- Heat honey, soy sauce and garlic in a saucepan until boiling.
- Place the wings in the bottom of a baking dish, and pour the honey mixture over the chicken.
- Cover with aluminium foil. Marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- Bake, covered at 190 degrees C for 1 hour; turn the wings after 30 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Take the wings out of the sauce, and bake on a rack over a roasting pan for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken wings, and cook for another 10 minutes.
Used different ingredients. I didnt have any honey to hand but had a huge craving for "sticky chicken" so, I used golden syrup and also because of the mess the little ones make with wings, I substitued drumsticks. The kids ignored the side dishes and loved the chicken. We had -NO- left overs with this chicken!! Thanks Vickee! - 18 Jul 2008
Great wings... brought them to a contest and they went over very well. One of the first things to disappear. I topped them with toasted sesame seeds and spring onions. Would have added a little cayenne and increased the baking temp after taking the foil off next time. - 18 Jul 2008
Very delicious. So easy to make, and too easy to eat more than I should have. Can't wait to make them again - 03 Jan 2010