1 / 1 Picture by: TastyFood
Makes: 12 Cookies
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cups plain flour
- 36 chocolate chips, for eyes and mouths
Preparation:35min › Cook:12min › Extra time:1hour chilling › Ready in:1hour47min
- Mix the sugar and butter in a bowl with a wooden spoon until they're smooth and creamy.
- Sift the flour and the cocoa into the bowl. Add the egg and combine well to make a dough.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into a ball and wrap with glad wrap. Put wrapped dough into the freezer for 30 minutes or into the fridge for an hour. Take out half the dough and divide it into 6 equal pieces.
- Flatten the pieces into a flat, 1 cm high sausage shape. Use a knife and make 4 incisions to make 5 legs.
- Gently seperate the legs a little. Pinch the ends to make points.
- Preheat oven to 185 degrees C.
- Take out the other half of the dough and repeat to make 6 more cookies. Lift each cookie onto an ungreased baking tray. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and press two chocolate chips, point side down, into the cookes for eyes. Add one more for a mouth if you like.
- Let cookies cool on tray for 10 minutes and then move to wire cake racks to cool completely.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!