Trout with warm beetroot salad
2 people made this
This dinner ticks ALL the boxes: Gluten and dairy free, low carb, low fat, low sugar, high protein, great for liver cleansing, super nutritious and very tasty!
2x 150g pieces of salmon
2T macadamia oil
50g baby spinach leaves
400g can of chick peas
10 mint leaves, torn
1T balsamic vinegar
1/2t dijon mustard
1/2t minced garlic
- Peel beetroot and slice into 2cm chunks. Place in a saucepan and boil until just soft (about 15 minutes).
- While the beetroot is cooking, place trout on a piece of foil and season with 1T oil and salt and pepper. Grill (or bake) for 15 minutes until just cooked through.
- Wash the baby spinach leaves and arrange on a plate. Drain and rinse the chick peas, and add them onto the spinach. Add the beetroot.
- Whisk the other 1T of oil with balsamic, dijon and garlic to make the dressing.
- Place the trout on top of the salad. Add the dressing and some roughly chopped mint to serve.
I had planned to roast the beetroot, but couldn't figure out how to operate the oven in my new house - so you could try roasting if your oven works!
See it on my blog
Food for Humans Blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate