1 / 1 Picture by: grace43
Trout with warm beetroot salad
- 2x 150g pieces of salmon
- 2T macadamia oil
- 1 beetroot
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 400g can of chick peas
- 10 mint leaves, torn
- 1T balsamic vinegar
- 1/2t dijon mustard
- 1/2t minced garlic
Preparation:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Peel beetroot and slice into 2cm chunks. Place in a saucepan and boil until just soft (about 15 minutes).
- While the beetroot is cooking, place trout on a piece of foil and season with 1T oil and salt and pepper. Grill (or bake) for 15 minutes until just cooked through.
- Wash the baby spinach leaves and arrange on a plate. Drain and rinse the chick peas, and add them onto the spinach. Add the beetroot.
- Whisk the other 1T of oil with balsamic, dijon and garlic to make the dressing.
- Place the trout on top of the salad. Add the dressing and some roughly chopped mint to serve.
I had planned to roast the beetroot, but couldn't figure out how to operate the oven in my new house - so you could try roasting if your oven works!
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!