Thai Pineapple and Peanut Salad
- 1 pineapple, cut into 2cm cubes
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 eschalot, chopped finely
- 4 tablespoons roasted peanuts, lightly crushed
- 1 bunch mint, finely chopped
- 4 Thai chillies, chopped finely
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 piece palm sugar, crushed
Preparation:15min › Ready in:15min
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, cherry tomatoes, eschalot, peanuts, mint and chillies.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, soy sauce and palm sugar. Mix well and stir through the salad.
- Serve the salad with jasmine rice.
This recipe is vegetarian but if you want to make the salad more authentic to Thai cuisine, you can add 1 tablespoon fish sauce to the dressing.
This is such a fresh, satisfying summer meal. I love to make this very, very hot with Thai chillies. Top of the meal by serving it with some drinking coconuts. - 21 Jun 2012