Classic Italian Tiramisu
2 / 8
3 / 8
4 / 8
5 / 8
6 / 8
7 / 8
8 / 8
44 people made this
This classic dessert features luscious mascarpone cheese layered with coffee-soaked sponge fingers and a touch of cognac or brandy. Watch this recipe being made in the Allrecipes Tiramisu Video.
6 eggs, whites and yolks separated
3 tablespoons sugar
500g mascarpone cheese
50ml cognac or brandy
350ml black coffee
4 tablespoons cocoa, plus extra for dusting
30 sponge fingers
Extra time:4hours chilling ›
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and the sugar together until creamy white. Add the mascarpone cheese and half of the cognac or brandy and beat until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and fluffy then fold into the mascarpone mixture, mixing only enough to blend.
- In a shallow dish, mix the coffee, remaining cognac or brandy and 4 tablespoons cocoa. Quickly dip the sponge fingers in the coffee mixture and create a layer of biscuits in a serving dish.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the layer of sponge fingers then dust with cocoa. Repeat with another layer of sponge fingers, the rest of the mascarpone and a final dusting of cocoa.
- Chill for at least 4 hours, then serve!
Watch a video of it being made…
Write a review
Click on stars to rate