Spinach and Cheese Curry
Serves : 6
- 1 (200g) packet paneer, diced in 1cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek, ground
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon hot chilli powder
- 1 (400g) tin diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 200g frozen spinach, cooked
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
Preparation:20min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hour5min
- In a large saucepan, fry the paneer cubes in the vegetable oil until browned. Remove and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, fry the garam masala, fenugreek, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, turmeric and chilli powder for about a minute. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste and water.
- Add in the spinach and cherry tomatoes. Simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes. Garnish with coriander and serve with rice.
Use whole spices and crush using a mortar and pestle: the curry will taste much better than using already ground spices.
Pretty good spin on the traditional Indian dish aloo saag paneer. Good quality paneer and spices would make all the difference. - 31 Jul 2012
This is such a delicious curry. I like to make a large amount and freeze some for another meal. You could also add fresh chillies to this recipe for extra bite or you can omit the chillies to make it kid-friendly. - 17 Jun 2012