Mustard Greens and Bacon
- 6 rashers rindless bacon, cut in half
- 1 bunch mustard greens (gai choy), rinsed and trimmed
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
Preparation:15min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hour
- Place bacon in a large, deep frying pan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add greens, bacon (with drippings), vinegar, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Boil until greens are tender, about 30 minutes.
Used different ingredients. Enjoyed the recipe!!! - 29 Sep 2008
The spice collard greens are very good and tasty. Thank you for sharing it. I will be making mine like this from now on. - 29 Sep 2008
This is a GREAT, simple recipe! In fact, I made my New Year's greens last year using this recipe and, when I wanted to make them again this year, realized I had lost the recipe! Thankfully, I've found it and will keep it this time. As one of the true "GRITS" (Girls Raised in the South), I can honestly say this is one of the best recipes for good Southern-style greens I've found! - 29 Sep 2008