1 / 1 Picture by: joshscrivener
- I bunch English spinach
- 1 small onion
- 300g ricotta cheese
- 100g fetta cheese, diced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch salt, pepper
- 1 packet fillo pastry
Preparation:2hours › Cook:30min › Ready in:2hours30min
- Boil a large saucepan with an inch of salted water, add diced onion and whole spinach. Simmer for 12 minutes.
- I use a ceramic rectangular dish (10cm X 25cm). I cut the fillo pastry in half and laid fillo on the bottom, and leaving a bit of pastry overhanging the sides.
- Paste the olive oil on pastry, layering 2 sheets at a time until all pastry is gone.
- Drain the spinach, chop and add to a big bowl with beaten egg and cheeses, and spice and salt to taste. Drain excess water.
- Pour into the pastry-lined tin, or casserole and fold the overhanging sides to cover the filling. Rub some oil on top, and bake in a moderate oven for 25-35 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Serve with chilli sauce and sour cream if desired.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!