Basic Lemon Tart
- 75g butter
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 125g plain flour
- Lemon Filling
- 3 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely zested lemon rind
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar for dusting
Preparation:15min › Cook:35min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Pastry: Beat the butter when soft add the icing sugar and continue to beat until well combined. Add the flour and continue to beat until it resembles crumbs then knead into a dough.
- Pat dough evenly into a 23cm tart tin then poke the bottom evenly with a fork and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Lemon Filling: Combine eggs, caster sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and flour then mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the hot pastry case and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until filling is firm.
- Let cool completely in tin then dust with icing sugar to serve.
Watch a video of it being made…
Very easy to make but I think I missed something as it turned out very thin and not very lemony and a little on the chewy side. Possibly didn't adjust the oven temps correctly for fan-forced. - 07 Jan 2013