1 person made this
This is a traditional Garden recipe that is delicious and easy to make. Serve with cream, ice cream or custard on a cold winter's night.
Makes: 6 Serves
1 cup sugar
4 dessertspoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk
1 cup self raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup of the sugar, add unbeaten egg and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Fold in the flour sifted with 2 dessertspoons of the cocoa powder, alternating the milk with the flour.
- Once mixed thoroughly, pour into a greased ovenproof casserole dish. Mix the last 2 dessertspoons of cocoa powder with the remaining sugar.
- Sprinkle over the top of the pudding then pour the boiling water gently over the mixture. Bake in a moderate (350 degrees F or 180 degrees C) oven for approximately 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
You can also wait for this pudding to cool down before serving it.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate