Chocolate Ginger Basic Biscuits
3 people made this
This is a great basic biscuit recipe. It has chocolate chips, sliced almonds and chopped crystallised ginger, but you can use any dried fruit or nuts you like.
Makes: 12 biscuits
115g butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
3 tablespoons sliced almonds
2 tablespoons crystallised ginger, chopped finely
Extra time:2hours chilling ›
- In a medium sized bowl, beat together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and the baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix well.
- Add in the chocolate chips, almonds and ginger and mix well.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Roll out the dough and cut into shapes with your favourite cookie cutter.
- Line a tray with greaseproof paper and place dough pieces about 2cm apart.
- Bake for about 15 minutes in preheated oven.
- Allow to cool on tray for a few minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
This is a good basic biscuit recipe. You can also add cocoa or vanilla essence for some extra flavour.
- 20 May 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate