Pumpkin Scones with Pepitas
1 person made this
This is a basic pumpkin scone recipe with the added crunchiness of pepitas (pumpkin seeds). Great for morning tea.
2 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
75g butter, softened
2 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
2 cups mashed pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture and mix through with fingers until it is crumbly.
- Add the pepitas and mashed pumpkin and mix together.
- Knead dough and make a square that is about 3cm high. Cut into 12 squares.
- Place squares on to greased baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes. Serve warm with butter.
Make sure you use strong tasting pumpkin like Japanese pumpkin for this recipe.
This is a recipe frequently requested by my family. They are easy to make and are a filling and delicious snack.
- 20 May 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate