Banana Muffins with Almonds
This is a good basic recipe for banana muffins. I have used wholemeal flour but you could use white flour if you prefer. Be sure to use very ripe bananas to ensure the muffins are sweet and tasty.
5 people made this
Makes: 12 muffins
3 very ripe bananas
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup (125ml) milk
1/2 cup white sugar
2 cups wholemeal flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the honey, vanilla essence, egg, milk and sugar. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and mix well.
- Grease a muffin tray. Spoon mixture into the tray, making each muffin hole 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds on top of mixture.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (2)
These make terrific mini-muffins! Ideal for a teatime snack or as a lunchbox filler. The flavour of wholemeal and banana go together really well.
20 Sep 2015
This recipe also works well with walnuts instead if almonds or sultanas added to the mixture. It is a good filling snack for afternoon tea.
11 May 2012
User's IP: 184.108.40.206