1 / 1 Picture by: Allrecipes
JuliettevanSon Washington, United States
Makes: 12 fritters
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 300g whitebait
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 40g butter
- 2 avocados, sliced, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
Preparation:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Whisk eggs and flour in a bowl. Add whitebait, stirring until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat half the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. When hot add 2 tablespoon quantities of whitebait mixture to pan, making 3 fritters at a time. Cook for 2 minutes or until golden. Turn fritters and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until golden and whitebait has turned opaque.
- Transfer fritters to prepared baking tray and put in oven to keep warm. Cook remaining fritters. Serve with lemon wedges and avocado.
You can serve this with an aioli sauce.
I really enjoy these fritters - 08 May 2012
Just like Mum made them - 05 Apr 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!