Slow Cooked Chicken Thighs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup (185g) honey
- 3/4 cup (190ml) light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated or finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tin (440g) pineapple pieces, drained with juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 4 tablespoons water
Preparation:20min › Cook:4hours › Ready in:4hours20min
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and brown chicken thighs on all sides.
- Pour honey, soy sauce, tomato sauce, garlic, ginger and reserved pineapple juice into a slow cooker and mix well.
- Place thighs in the slow cooker and turn to coat with mixture.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on High. Stir in pineapple during the final 20 minutes of cooking.
- Mix the cornflour and water together in a small bowl. Remove thighs from slow cooker. Stir the cornflour mixture into remaining sauce in the slow cooker until it thickens. Serve sauce over the chicken.
I didn't have light soy sauce so I added half a cup of water and it came out great. I added red capsicum, carrot and onion. I'm a cook on a cattle station in remote NT Australia and all the boys I cooked for loved it. Thanks for sharing! - 29 Jul 2012
This recipe tastes so nice, by all rights it should be much more complicated to prepare. I used about 500g of chicken tenderloins and bulked it out with finely sliced carrot, onion and capsicum. I used 1 tsp of ground ginger. My kids were a little dubious looking at it but after the first mouthful were saying 'Yum, this is delicious'. An easy meal that will become a family staple in our home I think. - 23 Mar 2011
Used different ingredients. I added half a chopped red capsicum, half a green chopped capsicum and half a chopped onion to the sauce for colour, as well as two tablespoons of vinegar for a little added tang. - 25 Aug 2009