1 / 1 Picture by: AllrecipesVideo
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 2 cups (250g) plain flour, sifted
Preparation:15min › Cook:10min › Extra time:1hour chilling › Ready in:1hour25min
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter until smooth. Stir in sugar and then beat in egg yolk and golden syrup.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, then blend into the golden syrup mixture. Wrap dough in cling wrap and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Divide the dough in half and roll out one half to 1/2 cm thickness. Cut out shapes with biscuit cutters and repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake on ungreased baking trays for 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire racks and decorate as desired.
Watch a video of it being made…
Holiday Fun with Gingerbread!
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!