1 / 1 Picture by: CookinBug
Spicy Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 (583g) box devils food chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups (600g) icing sugar, or more as needed
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence, or to taste
- 24 small dried red chillies
Preparation:30min › Cook:18min › Ready in:48min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners.
- Empty the boxed cake mix into a mixing bowl and whisk in 1 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat in the water, vegetable oil and eggs; beat for 2 minutes. Spoon the batter into the prepared cupcake cups, filling them 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Remove and cool completely before icing.
- In a bowl, sift 1 teaspoon of chilli powder, 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and the cinnamon with the icing sugar. Beat in the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until the icing is smooth; mix in the vanilla extract. Spread the icing onto the cooled cupcakes in attractive swirls and poke a small dried chilli, stem-side up, into the frosting as a garnish.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!