1 / 1 Picture by: fallingfate
- 1/2 Cup Brown rice/ mince substitute
- 1/2 Eggplant (cut lengthwise)
- salt and pepper
- smoked paprika
- 1/3 Cup salt reduced Kidney Beans
- 6-8 Cups Water
- 3-4 Slices Tomato
- Sprinkle Cheese (fetta, ricotta, motzarella)
- 2 tbs Salsa of your choice
Preparation:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Begin stove cooking brown rice (or mince if you choose). I use absorption method with 6-8 cups of water on stove, its pretty simple, don't even need to stir it. Takes about 20 mins.
- Whilst cooking the rice on the side. Spoon out middle of eggplant 1/2 and place on baking tray into the oven. No oil required.
- Once rice is cooked remove eggplant from oven. Let sit whilst preparing rice.
- Add paprika about 1 tbs, and kidney beans to brown rice. Then spoon rice mixture into the eggplant bowl.
- Top with slices of tomato, salsa, salt and pepper, and cheese.
- Place in oven for further 10 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika and serve!
You could always use mince instead of rice, or even chilli con carne.
Make it healthier
I used low fat fetta cheese instead of full fat mozzarella.
Vegan option, Skip cheese.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!