7 people made this
This is a recipe from my mum that was on a scrap of paper until now. An oldie but a goldie. It is a dense pound cake style cupcake, which I prefer.
250g butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons of vanilla essence
zest of 1 lemon
2 cups plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Prepare a cupcake tin by lining with patty cases.
- Pre-measure all the ingredients and get the equipment out.
- Cream the butter and sugar with the vanilla and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flour and add to the creamed ingredients stirring in well.
- Spoon into the prepared cupcake tin then bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Great base recipe.
- 19 Jan 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate