Shredded Pork Sandwiches
- 2 cups (500ml) beef stock
- 1 1/2 kg boneless pork spare ribs
- 2 cups (500ml) barbecue sauce
Preparation:15min › Cook:4hours30min › Ready in:4hours45min
- Pour beef stock into slow cooker, and add boneless pork ribs. Cook on High for 4 hours, or until the pork meat falls apart easily. Remove the meat and shred with two forks.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Transfer the shredded pork to a casserole dish or cast iron frying pan, and stir in barbecue sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until heated through. Pile onto rolls and serve.
Altered ingredient amounts. 2 cups of bbq sauce is overkill. it made it way too sweet and overpowering ruining the natural flavour. next time ill add half a cup or 3/4 if needed. - 27 Mar 2011
Something else. This recipe is impossible to screw up...also, everyone we've tried this (about ten times) on loves it. After experimenting a bit, we've settled on the following: pepper then brown pork -- chop med - large onion, put in bottom of slow cooker with browned meat on top, then pour on 1/2-3/4 bottle of bbq sauce, cook for 8-10 hours, remove bone(s) and large pieces of fat, shred meat, put back in the cooker, mix with the leftover bbq sauce then switch to high for 1/2-1 hr. serve on rolls with beer - 29 Sep 2008
Really, really good. Again, I always follow the recipe exactly the first time I make it and this time I was glad I had. I was very tempted, like others, to just throw the sauced meat back into the slow cooker - I mean, why mess up another pan, right? Well I think it made a big, positive difference to the final product. The time in the oven kind of browns the tips and makes it seem more like meat done on the bbq. I will definately be making this again. - 29 Sep 2008