2 people made this
This is a great infusion of subtle flavours into rum via a long soak period. It is then slowly warmed to serve. Perfect for a post footy pick-me up.
2 oranges, cleaned
1/2 cup Cognac
1/2 a cinnamon stick
2 tea bags
1 cup rum
Extra time:3hours resting ›
- Juice the lemons and oranges. Combine the juice and cognac in a glass bowl.
- Cut off the skin of the orange with a knife making sure it is really thin (want the tasty zest not the white pith).
- Add the zest to the juice and cognac as well as the cinnamon and cloves then cover and leave for 3 hours to infuse.
- When ready to serve make a strong cup of tea using the two tea bags.
- Add the tea, rum and honey to a saucepan. Strain the juice and cognac to remove the orange peel, cinnamon and cloves.
- Heat but do not boil or among other things the alcohol will boil off and it will go bitter. It should not be like sipping hot tea it is more like warm soup temperature.
- Serve immediately in glass mugs or normal tea cups.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate