Classic Swedish Meatballs
2 / 3
3 / 3
7 people made this
Swedish meatballs are usually served with gravy and lingonberry jam, if you can get it! This is wonderful comfort food and the leftovers keep well.
60g fresh breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
800g beef mince
1 medium egg
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 pinch ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Pour the cream into a bowl and soak the breadcrumbs in it.
- Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until tender. Transfer to large bowl and wipe pan clean.
- Add the mince, egg, nutmeg, allspice, garlic and cooked onion to breadcrumb mixture. Use your hands to blend well and shape into 4cm meatballs.
- Place in a glass Pyrex dish. Cover with foil and cook in oven for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
A great tasting meat ball , had enough for left overs , Thanks for a great recipe, will make again
- 20 Jul 2012
Very tasty and easy to make. Try dipping in plum sauce, or lemon sauce for a snack time tasty.
- 25 Sep 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate