Dad's Famous Scallop Mornay
- 1 large onion
- 30-ish scallops
- 25g butter (a generous tablespoon)
- 1 Tsp flour
- 1 cup cream
- 2 or 3 good handfuls of grated smoked cheese
- white pepper to taste
Preparation:5min › Cook:15min › Ready in:20min
- Chop the onion, and fry with scallops for around 4-5 mins.
- Melt the butter in pan, when melted add flour, and whisk. Add the cream gradually, stirring each time.
- Add the scallops to the cream mix, bring to boil and simmer for 5 mins until scallops are cooked through. Then add the grated smoked cheese and mix
- Finish with a good shake of white pepper! the more the better. Serve with bread/ toast and enjoy. The trick is the smoked cheese and lots of white pepper. yum yum
Congratulations! I made this recipe yesterday as part of our BBQ meal, and I can tell you that my husband and guests(all kiwis) enjoyed it emmensley. The flavour through the scallops was supperb. Please Thank your father for a wonderful recipe as it was quick, easy and very enjoyable to eat. Fran WA Australia - 05 Mar 2011