1 / 1
3 people made this
This is an unusual French recipe which I love. Especially good if you happen to get a pile of quinces and you don't know what to do then definitely try this!
1.5 kg overripe quinces
1/4 cup of water
3 cups sugar (approx)
- Peel and core the quinces and cut into chunks. Cook for about 20 minutes or until they rae really sift.
- Pass the pulp through a strainer or blend it with a stick blender.
- Measure the pulp back into the pot and for every cup of pulp add a cup of sugar. Cook on a low-medium heat for 10-15 minutes stirring constantly.
- Let the mixture cool right down. Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the mixture out all over it about 1cm thick, making it as even as you can
- Let it sit overnight then cut into small squares.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate